Thursday 20 July 2006

Butterfly World

I sent Module 2 work to my tutor the other day. I am now working on Module 3.

We have to make more collections. I need a variety of different primary sources so we went on a visit to Butterfly World.

There were some stunning butterflies and the most colourful frogs I have ever seen (except on the internet).

Here are some of the photographs I took. Just the butterflies for now but I did get a closeup of a huge spider. That in itself was amazing, me taking the photograph, as I am scared of spiders. It' amazing what you can do for your art! The kids put me to shame they weren't frightened at all - I had to be seen to be brave as well . There were also some gorgeous plants especially Orchids - another of my favourites.

I must have a trip to the Botanic Gardens in Edinburgh and Glasgow as they have some stunning plants.

I got word yesterday that I have been accepted onto the Quilters Guild of the British Isles Judging course. 2 1/2 years of study for that. We have a compulsory weekend in Milton Keynes in October so it will be nice to meet my fellow students - from Denmark and Ireland as well as
other countries I am told. It should be very interesting.

It's a lot cooler here today for which I am thankful. Altogether it was a wonderful day today.

The markings on this butterfly are wonderful. I have plenty source material to keep me going for a while. Posted by Picasa

No comments: