Monday, 13 November 2006

October Journal Quilt - Golden Geese

I am not sure what happened when I did the slideshow of my 2006 Journal Quilts but October didn't appear. I thought I would post it since it was made using a piece of rust dyed habotai silk I did during the summer months. DH's old rusty train wheels made their mark! It's a simple little quilt as I wanted the rust fabric to be the star of the show. I cut some little triangles from fusible web, applied them to the silk and then applied some gold foil on top to make the "Golden Geese". It is free motion quilted.

4 comments:

Carol said...

This is stunning, the rust dyed fabric has worked relly well.

DubiQuilts said...

This piece is outstanding!

Tonniece said...

Got a bit behind in my blogging, but that just leaves more to see. Your work is eye candy to me.I love it all.

Thanks for shareing it with us.
Tonniece

suzanne said...

Hi carol, I agree with Tonniece, just wonderful.
Suzanne