Saturday 31 March 2007

More gifts from Japan

I haven't been in the studio for a while. I caught a nasty cold from Norman. We have both been a little under the weather. I can't remember the last time I caught a cold. Another few days and it will be gone. Needless to say I haven't done much. I am going to miss the deadline for the windows challenge but I shall finish my piece anyway in a day or two.

My in-person classes have finished now until September. We had a lovely time on our last day on Monday and Thursday. I shall miss everyone but September will be here before I know it. In the meantime I have to get busy with new class projects for the start of the new session. I have plenty ideas I just need to get stitching!

Last week I received a package from Tomoko in Kobe, Japan. She sent Norman and I a teapot to match the tea cups she sent earlier. It's beautiful porcelain and so very delicate. She also sent a tin of green tea (the tin and wrapping was so beautiful I didn't want to open it) which we both enjoyed. Of course it was even nicer for having been made in the Japanese teapot and drinking from the very delicate cups.
She also sent me six coasters that she hand stitched. They match beautifully with the baskets that she sent earlier. Each corner has a little bead stitched on it - beautiful.
This week she sent a number of lovely gifts, a book on trains for Norman which he just loves, and a tray cloth for each of us. The picture doesn't do them justice they are so delicate and lovely. The stitching is exquisite.
Here is the one she made for me. I recognised when I opened it that she had embroidered my name in the corner. She had already written my name in Japanese in a previous letter she had written. She put Norman's name on the corner of his - how cool is that?
Here's my name in Japanese! Thank you Tomoko they all look beautiful in my newly remodelled kitchen! I shall treasure them always.

4 comments:

Sara lechner said...

you can be happy to have such a wonderful friend!

and you have such an interesting blog, I like to visit it often.

Tonniece said...

Good to see you and Norman are on the mend and you are back on line Carol. Love the gifts from Tomoko that you received. She sounds like a lovely person and a great friend.

Digitalgran said...

What lovely gifts to receive Carol.
I hope you and Norman will be fully recovered soon.

Judy Scott said...

oh wow, such amazing gifts, beautiful blossoms, my daughter in law would just love these. Judy x