Tuesday, 17 April 2007

Inchies

Life has been rather hectic lately. I have spring cleaned the house and the garden is finished at last! The weather has been gorgeous here this past few days but today is a little overcast.

Norman bought me a new laptop. I thought about getting a Mac but ended up with Vista. 200 Gb disk so I have loads of disk space and boy does it fly. My old laptop was struggling a little with PSP, well it is 5 years old, but this one is a flying machine and has a 15" wide screen. Norman set it up on the network and I have almost installed all the software I use.

I managed to get some time in my studio today. We are doing an "inchies" challenge with the Textile Challenge group. I have never done these before so I am just having a little practice before I start on the ones I will be sending to the ladies in my group.
I have been playing around with all sorts of things on these little 1" squares. I used fast2fuse and ironed a piece of cotton to it in the colour of choice of each group member.
I then gathered together all the beads and things I could find in the colour of choice. That took the longest time. I found things I had forgotten I had!
I still have stitching and finishing to do but I think I can use some of these ideas in the ones I am going to send out. My work is getting smaller and smaller!!!! From king sized quilts I then started on Journal Quilts then it was fabric postcards with ART2MAIL. I did a few ATCs and now these little 1" squares. These are so many wonderful ideas out there.

7 comments:

Janet said...

Love your inchies!! They can be a bit addictive, can't they! I especially like the ones on the dark blue.

Papoosue said...

These are lovely Carol! Your colours are great. I've never tried them either yet, might have to...

Dianne said...

Hey I really like your inches they are great. I too like the dark blue and I'm usually not a blue person:). Is the one with the glittery silver on most of it Normans left over stuff from his drilling.. I did tell Norman on his blog you might be able to use it LOL...
I looked again and also really like the first batch too..
I hope you send these they are really great...
Norman, you got to love that man, me and Tonnice do:) he is the best..

Tonniece said...

ooooooooo, love these Carol. You know I love blue, but It's a toss up this time as to my fave, so I'll pick them all.

No matter King size, Journal size,post card size, ATC's or inchies, you rock.

Deb H said...

Very fun inchies. Your book below is wonderful too!

fiberfanatic said...

Hi Carol, I am new to the Surface Design Group and am thrilled to find I am in the company of such accomplished artists! I love the inchies, and can't wait to make some - just in case I join a share in the future! And my mind is swirling with ideas for displaying the inchies and PC's.
Am in process of moving into a lovely 5 BR house with 2 roomies - will have my own 'hobby room' again! Shades of "Golden Girls" except the youngest is 14 & I am 63 with a 36 yr old in the middle.
Should be FUN!

Good luck on your course work - You have a wonderful future ahead with all your talent!

lainysews@aol.com
www.mouseinamazefiberphotos.blogspot.com

SuZ said...

and these are "practice" inchies ??? oh my, I can't even imagine what the real deal ones will look like...VBG...