Friday 9 January 2009

Salt and Pepper

I placed an order from Seasoned Pioneers for some sauces and herb and they arrived the next day - yesterday. I couldn't resist this salt. It's PINK.

It is hand mined from the Himalayan mountains and comes from ancient seas 250 million years old, imagine that! It not only looks gorgeous but it tastes lovely too.


I just love gadgets and have them everywhere from studio to kitchen. This is a tiny little marble pestle and mortar which is great for crushing just a few spices as they would get lost in the larger one. These peppercorns have a nice rich nutty flavour. I crushed them to put in my lamb which is in the oven already all timed and will be ready later today - now I can go off for my walk and then spend some time in the studio again this afternoon. I still haven't found the Thermore! Oh! well I need to get things ready for teaching class on Monday.

4 comments:

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Someone gave me a Himilayan Salt candle for Christmas. It is supposed to purify the air when you put a votive candle in the inside of it.
It is pink like yours too. :)

Fiona said...

I've ordered from them before and was really impressed at the speedy delivery. Funnily enough I got pink peppercorns!

Purple Missus said...

Pink salt? Great. I wonder if it would have a different effect on the wet gesso and salt method that Maggie Grey is doing at the moment?

I'm very envious of your Pfaff. Thats the next thing on my wish list. These painted hangings I am working on at the moment are very difficult to manage with my Bernina and I would love something with more room to manoeuvre - not sure about the speed though :)

Tonniece said...

Oh wow, how cool is that, and such a pretty pink too.
My mouth is watering as I can almost smell the aromas comeing from your kitchen.