Tuesday 4 July 2006

Good news .......

My closest friend, Marion, called me last night with good news - her daughter has had a little boy. Both mother and baby are doing great - and so is Grandma by all accounts. That was good news indeed. They are calling him Jack.

I have such a busy day ahead so this will just be a short post. This is the fern piece I have been working on. After applying the Xpandaprint I painted each fern with Dylon Fabric Paint - Bronze. I really like this piece despite it's beginnings!





This is the same piece I think I will layer and quilt it as it is. I am waiting for some Ricky Timms Razzle Dazzle threads to arrive from the US so I will wait to quilt. I want to try some bobbin work with this thread and this will be a good piece to try the threads on. I am thinking a continuous quilting design of ferns. What do you think?

If I have time I want to try some screen printing with the new kit that arrived yesterday. I have waterproofed the screen so I just need to decide on a design.

I checked on the "rust" samples this morning - nothing to report. I am sure it's too early for anything to have happened. I will check again tomorrow. Enjoy your day.

No comments: