Thursday, 27 July 2006

SIlk Painted/Rust Samples

I had fun yesterday painting some more of the rust samples. The colours have turned out really well. I used course sea salt on all pieces to get some texture on the paint. I tried using sugar on the silk paint but I think the weather is just so hot it didn't work at all. I have used this technique before on silk and it worked just fine. Oh! well.
I like the "texture" on this one. I used a light, medium and dark purple silk paint. The wet silk was laid directly on the bubble side of bubble wrap and the "bubbles" have transferred to the fabric.
This is another red but lighter this time and I framed this piece before applying the paint. The salt effect is much better on this piece because it was raised off the surface.
This is just one shade of green. I am not sure if I like this piece it reminds me of camouflage fabric. It might grow on my over time.

I put a silk velvet shawl in to rust yesterday and also a piece of cotton poplin. It will be interesting to see how they come out. I will need to leave them in for at least a week as they are thicker fabrics.

5 comments:

smarcoux said...

hehehe carol that one (green ) is my favourite one LOL
Sandy

Carol said...

Hi Sandy,

You know something it's beginning to grow on me too.

Carol

Tonniece said...

Hi Carol
I really like the bubble wrap one.It has a totallty different look.

Tonniece

Carol said...

Hi Tonniece,

Thanks for dropping by. I quite like the bubble wrap effect - it's different.

Carol

Deb H said...

I LOVE IT!