Friday 4 August 2006

Visit to Glasgow

We had a day out in Glasgow today. First stop the Kelvinside Art Gallery and Museum

It has just undergone refurbishment and it is looking good. Lots to see and plenty source material for my course.
Crossing the bridge to the gallery from where we parked we stopped by the river. This is a lovely spot.
Isn't he amazing. Made from steel. There was a whole case of different figures just like him. Quite stunning.
As we were walking to the gallery we heard bagpipes and I had to go and investigate. A pipe band were practicing in the park. This young man kindly stood and let me take his photograph. What a wonderful sound. They were still playing when we left to come home.

After leaving the gallery we stopped by Miller's Art Shop. Yesterday I was experimenting with a new air brush/compressor. I was trying out acrylics on fabric for the first time. Module 4 of my course introduces us to "spraying". I didn't want to buy spray cans of paint and thought it was about time I tried air brushing. I have wanted to do this for a while but never did. I had a lot of fun and have some lovely painted papers and fabric. I want to do a quilt using air brushing and bought some new silk paints and indian inks that I can use. It's too late now to start but hopefully I will get to play at the start of next week. Busy weekend ahead may not have time to post to my blog. Posted by Picasa

No comments: