Friday 22 September 2006

Indian Inks

Phew! I think I need to go and lie down now. I have just finished this weeks Paint Shop Pro lessons and my brain aches! Wow! It certainly gets the little grey cells working. I have learned soooooooo much and it's wonderful. I used my own images this time and will post a picture of one of them later.

Sorry about the quality of this picture but these are the Indian inks I have been using. They came in a pack of eight. There are lovely purple, yellow, red, green, brown etc. There was a black as well but the bottle must have broke at some time and there was no ink in it. That's probably why it was half price! However as you can see I have another Artists ink which is black. I also have a bottle of Quink in black but I couldn't find it.

I had been using wax crayons for the rubbings. However I also have wax fabric crayons and although I stored them separately over the years some of the ordinary wax crayons have migrated into the fabric crayons pencil case. Because I take the paper off them to use them sideways I could never tell which was which. I wasn't getting great resist with the ones I was using so I think they must be mostly fabric ones. I remembered my Emergency kit. I love gadgets and saw this and thought it would be a good idea to have when the lights go out. We used to have a lot of power failures as we had overhead lines but they have since put them underground so our power failures are few and far between. Anyway Norman bought this rather wonderful light for emergencies it has it's own batteries. However therein lies the problem - when we went to use it the batteries were flat so we ended up having to use the emergency kit - he wasn't too impressed that day I can tell you.
This is my rubbing and burning kit. I use the candle for the wax rubbing and light it when I want to singe the edges of fabric or paper! Cool or what?

I bought some of the large kiddies wax crayons when I was out yesterday so I can't get them mixed up. I think the rubbings would be nicer with coloured wax.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Thanks for all this info, your like our teacher, your the best..
Now to try them I have done some rubbings a long time ago so I might put them on my blog....