Tuesday 5 September 2006

Silk Book

Well here it is my very first book. I have thoroughly enjoyed making it. I just have to decide on a closure. My BF and I tried a couple of things last night but couldn't decide which to choose.

Here is a close up of the beaded art straws. I have made a selection of straws in various colours to match a selection of fabrics, beads etc to make a journal quilt - in the green rust/silk painted silk I didn't like! - and another book this time in purple hand dyes. JQ is all but finished I just have to hand stitch the binding in place. I have painted embossed and straws and brass shim for the other book.I made some machine wrapped threads to close the book but I think it's a little bulky and I might try something else. Still thinking about that though.Before I do anything else I need to tidy the studio. I always have everytling lying around me as I work on a project. Once it's finished I clear everything back up again - only to do it all over again.

No matter how much desk space I have I always end up working on the floor!!! Right I had better go tidy this mess up.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Hey you I love the book such beautiful colors and so well you.
Its really beautifull.. To bad I didn't see it before I promised mine for the challenge or I would have traded with you... The studio just looks like a busy artist you are...

Carol said...

Hi Dianne,

Thank you. I would love to have traded with you. Perhaps we can each make another one and trade? The second one will benefit from the learnings from my first one!

Carol

Tonniece said...

Hi Carol

As suspected, it was well worth the wait.
The book is georgeous. (What a great idea with the straws too). So unique.

Lucky you to have such a wonderful place to work. My studio is my front room, to my mates dismay.
It seem such a waste to clean up, because as soon as that is done there is another mess from the next project. LOL

Have a happy creative day

Tonniece