Sunday 19 November 2006

A clean Studio

Norman and I put up three shelves in my studio this morning. I now have my most used bits and pieces at my fingertips. It also means my radio and ipod are off the desk out of the way when I am working.

It also means I can store books I am using on top of the storage units which is much tidier. Of course this meant I spent the morning cleaning and tidying and organising everything.

The other thing I did was add another rail for hanging my work in progress. I already had one but there was space for a second one. We bought these from Ikea and they are brilliant.


I have hung my design wall on one rail and my WIP on the other in front. I had the design wall pinned to another wall but this saves space and makes things look less cluttered.

Since it was all tidy I managed to get 15 fabric postcards made. Not many more to do and that's my postcard swap complete for this year.

6 comments:

Tonniece said...

God I love it when a room comes together. Not that I have mine done, but just looking at yours is good enough for me.
thanks Carol, I feel so much better now. LOL

Tonniece

Dianne said...

It looks beautiful, what a place to work your magic..
Only 15 this is after cleaning, you are just a whirl wind.. I hope you and Norman had a great weekend.

jenclair said...

I got up this morning determined to clean up the last mess and organize a bit. Your pictures strengthened an already weakening determination. I love the rail from Ikea!

Terri Stegmiller said...

It's fun to have more organization. Your space looks great. And those postcards look fantastic.

Deb Hardman said...

It's so inspiring to get organized. I was organizing today too. I love the hanging system you have there. Very Clever!

Liz Plummer said...

Brilliant idea for a design wall, Carol - what do Ikea call them?