I have been busy experimenting with batik. I worked away happily on Monday. The sun was shining and it was lovely and warm with the result the process was relatively quick as each stage of the process dried fairly quickly. However the results of my first efforts were not good. Here is my first attempt! Not at all what I expected but as they say you live and learn.
I started all over again. I added my first colour, procion yellow, to the fabric, which was stretched on a frame.
Once the dye was dry I waxed my first design and then once the wax had dried I over painted it with Procion Fuschia .
Once the fuschia was dry I re-waxed and then painted with the final colour, procion blue. Here is the final piece. I thought I would have to boil it to remove the wax but ironing it between sheets of newspaper and kitchen roll worked just fine.
I am doing my very first charm swap with the LikeMindedArtists group. My stress levels were very high yesterday as I have never made these before and I have a lot to learn about these little charms. I feel better today as I managed to source all the findings etc I need to make the charms - thank goodness for the internet! It's a company in the UK which is even better as I placed my order this morning so they should be with me in a day or two. Phew! I breathed a sigh of relief I can tell you.