Tuesday 12 April 2011

From EQ7 to Fabric

I am back in the studio!   It has been a while but it's good to get back to the machine. 

The allotment is coming along nicely.  The hut is up.  The water butts are installed with pipes from the hut which has collected lots of water (the two huge butts are full).   The paths are laid, just a little more gravel to build up some areas and that's finished.    Norman has planted his fruit bushes and asparagus.   The cauliflowers, cabbage and pac choi are growing nicely.   I planted garlic, onions and the herbs are in.   I also planted 9 varieties of potatoes and now I am waiting to plant some carrots and other more tender veg that have to wait a while in case we get frost which we did this morning.   Norman has erected his bean frames both "A" and wigwams and we have a selection of different beans planted. 

I will post pictures later when I get them organised.

I designed the above quilt in EQ7 and I have some blocks already made.   I will post pictures later of the work in progress.

I am going back to teaching in September and so am busy getting ideas together.  I need a few new ideas as I don't have the 6 week break like I used to.  I used to teach 10 weeks and have a six week break before teaching another 10 weeks.  Now it is three lots of 7 weeks with one week in between which means I need to get everything done before class starts so I am going to be busy busy busy.   Fortunately I have loads of ideas which I can work on.    It's funny because before I had decided to go back, after a one year break, I couldn't come up with any ideas but once I had posted back the form saying I would start teaching again the ideas came flooding into my brain - thamk goodness.   

I am also hoping to get back to the Latte quilt which hasn't moved on since I had the inner ear infection which left me dizzy and unable to concentrate for long.    Hopefully I will have pictures to post soon.

Watch this space.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Welcome back. I've missed you and wondered what had happened. I'm glad the infection is gone. The garden sounds lovely. Ours is too wet so far.

Nola said...

Glad you're back! Also glad the infection has gone away. Sounds like you have been very busy on outdoor things - your garden set-up sounds great. We're winding down a little now it's autumn, though I'd like to get some peas in soon. I'm already a little late. I got discouraged over the summer by the possums that love to eat my veggie patch before I get to it. I need to put up some netting, or I won't see any peas at all.

Good luck with the class prep - hope you won't be too busy to blog a little.