Tuesday 17 September 2013

The Trial of Dr Kate

I started reading this book immediately after reading Little Joe.  I was glad I did because there were characters in this book that appeared in Little Joe as well.

Shenandoah Coleman, a newspaper reporter, who used to like in Round Rock as a child returns to cover the trial of a childhood friend Dr Kate Marlow. Dr Kate was charged with the murder of Lillian Johnson who was found slumped in her wheelchair with a syringe lying close by.

Although Kate and Shenandoah come from different backgrounds they became firm friends.  It is a murder mystery and an intriguing one at that.  The story whilst covering the murder also follows Shenandoeh's love story as she becomes involved with Glassock, a widow with a young son.   I wasn't prepared for the outcome of the trial  and subsequent reveal which was surprising.  A good read which kept me interested in the characters it introduced.


No comments: