Friday 11 October 2013

Do ahead Dinners

I have just read through James Ramsden's Do ahead Dinners.   This is the time of the year for comfort food and at a time when we are all so very busy do ahead dinners seemed like a great idea.  If you are entertaining then it is always good to have as much as possible prepared in advance so that you can spend time with your family. 

Some things can be done days ahead and hours ahead even frozen part way through although I am not a fan of the freezer.  Although the recipes are geared for 6-8 people they can easily be altered for fewer people.  It is a book giving practical ideas for staged cooking and is not gimmicky.  The fennel soup sounds gorgeous and one I am certainly going to try is scotch quails eggs.  I am never sure what to do with quails eggs.  I have only ever boiled or poached them.  A very nice book and one I will add to my already large cookbook library.



No comments: