Wednesday 9 October 2013

Quilting with a Modern Twist

I have just finished reading this most interesting book.   Quuilting with a Modern Slant by Rachel May.  It introduces 70 modern quilters.  Some are household names and others are less well known and some are known through their blogs.  Altogether a very interesting selection.   Although the projects are basic the quilters introduce their stories, techniques and projects which will have you diving into your fabric stash.

I think this wiould be a great book for the City and Guild student.  I wish it was around when I did my City & Guilds in Patchwork and Quilting.   It would be a great resource for all levels of C&G students.

As a quilt judge I was intrested in reading about modern quilkts and what they are.  Quilting with a modern Twist is certainly going to take a place in my book library.  It was provided to me by Netgalley for review. 

No comments: