Saturday 3 June 2006

Glorious Day


We woke to a glorious day here today. The sun is shining and it's lovely and warm. It's a little breezy but that is most welcome since we have been working in the garden again today. I have been the labourer - boy is it hard work moving hardcore from one part of the garden to the other. It's good exercise I keep telling myself. DH is levelling it off as I write. The photograph above is how it is looking.

We can then start putting the paving flags down in preparation for the log cabin arriving. That should be in a couple of weeks but we are taking advantage of the fine weather - this would be really horrible work to do in the rain.

Kate's piece of fabric (round robin) arrived yesterday afternoon from Cyprus. It is cotton velveteen, I think I mentioned that yesterday. She has silk painted it, after tying it around a pole, in blue and green. It's lovely. I have never worked with velveteen before. It's quite a thick fabric and I was thinking of stamping leaves on it. Kate did a little sun printing of leaves so I thought I would continue the theme. I am first to add something to it and I am pretty apprehensive. I shall leave it on my design wall for a week and see if I get any better ideas.

We are off to see Dame Shirley Bassey in Glasgow this evening. I always try and go to her concerts when she is in Scotland.

I had forgotten to send my journal along with my Round Robin fabric so yesterday afternoon I made one. I covered the card with a piece of the fabric I sent off to Carol in Wales. I don't know how I forgot to do it, I think I was just nervous of sending the fabric. I dyed and painted a good few pieces and couldn't decide which was best to send. It has arrived safely in Wales.

Well I had better go and help move some more stuff....... I never did get my quilt design finished yesterday. The Doing Small Things quilt will have to wait for now. Maybe tomorrow.......

No comments: