Sunday, 2 July 2006

Next stage of my Complex Cloth Experiments

The day started absolutely beautifully here in Scotland. Warm and the sun was shining. After a few household chores I headed off too my studio in the garden. We had lunch outside and had just finished when it started to rain. Well it's still warm and we have had thunder and lightening - it's so cosy in the studio though. Sirikit is with me asleep in her little bed quite oblivious to the thunder and lightening - more than I can say for myself .

This was an extra piece of the turquoise hand dyed fabric which I stamped using a commercial stamp and Maribu Textil paint in Deep blue. I loved this stamp when I saw it in my local bead shop. This is the first time I have used it. I have used it on yesterdays complex cloth which you can see below.

This is a closeup of the discharged piece using the stamp I mentioned above but this time I used Pebeo Setacolor fabric paint in cornflower blue.






This is the other complex cloth I have stencilled using a stencil I made this morning. DH was looking through Fonts on his Apple Mac and came across some really nice ones he thought I could use in my work. This is one of them. I use a hot stencil cutter which makes cutting stencils so very easy. Although stencils usually have "bridges" to keep the pieces attached I dislike the bridges. In order to overcome this and not have a hole in the middle of the stencil I used a temporary adhesive to keep the stencil from moving on the fabric and did the same with the middle piece - hence no bridges and it looks more like a screen print than a stencil. The paint I used was a Stewart Gill Byzantia - colour Laureleous.

Somehow my pictures have gotten a little muxed ip! I don't know why. Anyway this is the stamped piece again.







This is just a closeup of the stencil I made. I think I will add some copper - a little bit of sparkle which I love!!! That will be the final stage for this piece. Then again I may do something different.

0 comments: