Saturday 1 July 2006

Overdyed Results


I couldn't wait to see the results of the overdyeing this morning. This is the Fuschia piece which I stamped with discharge paste. I then overdyed using Leaf Green Procion MX dye. The result is a dark pink/teal green background with the discharged areas in a nice dark tealThe photograph doesn't do the colours justice.



The second sample is the blue piece discharged using a stencil. I overdyed with Procion Yellow. The result is a lovely mottled green/yellow background with the discharged areas a lovely yellow.

This is my first attempt at using a discharge paste and overdyeing and I really like the results. I just wish I had used larger pieces rather than sample sized pieces of fabric but then again it may not have worked as well.

Now I need to decide what technique to apply next to the fabric. I am thinking I might try screen printing when my supplies arrive but if I am impatient I may try something else. Stamping using fabric paints perhaps? Then maybe some foiling on top of that? Decisions, decisions.......

1 comment:

Dianne said...

OOWWW love the green, and the yellow pops out of there, very nice...