Sunday 30 July 2006

RR Fabric

I have been busy with Dianne's fabric for the Surfacing Round Robin. I am the second person to add to this fabric. Kate did a great job and I have struggled knowing what to do. My C&G course has come in really useful for this round. I decided I didn't want to add another design to the piece. I thought I would use one of Kates and add it in another colour.

I scanned the fabric into Paint Shop Pro. Using the magic wand I selected the piece of the design I wanted. I added it as a new layer to my original photograph where I was able to try out various colours. I decided on blue in the end which was my first choice. I printed the design and then using my hot stencil cutter made a stencil, a mirror image of the original design to make it a little different. I didn't want to overpower the piece and so I added my stencils to the fabric by overlapping the ones Kate had stencilled. I think it looks good. I hope Dianne likes what I have done.

Here is a closeup of what I have added. I shall pop it in the mail to Carol in Wales tomorrow. Another deadline met.

My doll is almost finished. I made some "sandals" for her using wire and beads. I shall photograph it later today and that will be another deadline met.

I have a handout to write for the Hopscotch workshop I have been asked to do by the Scottish Region (Region 16) of the Quilters Guild of the British Isles for the Festival of Quilts in a couple of weeks time.

So much to do and so little time.


1 comment:

Dianne said...

Hey woman what a great idea, it looks like it was exactly suppose to go there, not good english:):
Another brilliant idea, you are so talented..