Saturday 16 September 2006

More fabrics

Oh! I just love this one. I used two parent colours Golden yellow and the second colour was a teaspoon of indigo AND a teaspoon of yellow. I could have used the leaf green but decided to mix the indigo and yellow to get a different colour of green. Wow! I wonder if I can repeat this one? I didn't much like this selection. They were all about the same. I did 6 pieces with these colours. I wil overdye some but this piece I pole wrapped and bleach discharged. Of course the two colours bleach quite different colours as well which gives added interest. I think this would make a good landscape.

4 comments:

Tonniece said...

Hi Carol

Boy did I miss seeing all your great pieces.
Loveing the dyes you've done here, especially the landscape piece.

Dianne has kept me updated on all you've been up to, which still boggles the mind, and I can't wait till you and Dianne do your swap.This is going to be fantastic. You both do such beautiful work.

Have a GREAT weekend
Tonniece

Carol said...

Hi Tonniece,

How about joining us in the swap? I would love to swap with you as well and have a piece of your artwork here in Scotland. You have to remember I am new to making books.

Enjoy your weekend too,

Carol

Tonniece said...

Hi Carol

WHAT????? Me swap, goodness no, but thanks for asking though.
I am not in a league with you and Dianne yet, but can't wait to see what you two end up with.
Going to love them I know already.

Have a good one

Tonniece

Carol said...

I have seen some of your work Tonniece and I would be more than happy to have a piece of it here.

You should work through a book with Dianne's help and join us. Do think about it, it's a fun thing to do believe me. (Scary, worrying but in the end a lot of fun and we learn so much).

Enjoy your day,

Carol