Well better late than never they say! This is my sample for the needlefelt Emerald challenge. I am afraid it looks more turquoise than emerald in the picture. I just can't get a good photograph today. I tried enhancing the image in Photoshop Elements to no avail. Trust me it is emerald green.
Once again I used a piece of felt as the base. I then covered it with hand dyed silk tops in greens and I added a little blue and grey as well. I also added some throwsters waste and covered the whole thing with a green sparkly mesh. The embellisher coped well with it and as you can see from this closeup it broke up the mesh incorporating it into the piece. I didn't think it would work as well as it has. Before it was embellished the sparkly mesh really overpowered the piece.
These are just background pieces that I plan on stitching later. I thought I might make some fabric postcards from the samples. It's a good way to keep samples and you can write on the back the techniques and products used!