The colour was really nice but I wanted to tone it down. This morning I painted all the pieces with diluted black Quink Ink. The ink on the paint turns a greyish colour and not the intense black you would expect. To speed up the drying process I left it to dry in front of the fan heater in my studio.
In the meantime I had an idea for the "windows". I painted a section of a page in my sketchbook and cut out shapes from silver card to see how it would look. Since I am looking for texture I thought of using tyvek to make these shapes. I used the shapes from one of the pictures in my sketchbook you saw the other day.I painted both sides of the tyvek with silver acrylic, I bought this a while ago for the printmaking class from WH Smith. If you don't want the white of the tyvek to show through when you heat it you have to paint both sides of the sheet. I used a lightweight tyvek.
To see if it would work I cut and stitched the shapes to pelmet vilene covered with blue hand made paper. I then heated the tyvek and it looks great. I am afraid the picture was blurred so I may post it later to let you see how it looks.
This piece had xpandaprint painted on it which I heated with the heat tool, blue paint was added then Quink ink and stitched chiffon on top.
The pieces were still too blue and I wanted a stone effect. I have brushed Treasure Silver on all the pieces. The resultant colour is exquisite and just what I was looking for. I need to leave the Treasure Silver to dry for a while before I can move it on.