Monday 23 July 2007

Individual Tags

I sorted out the tags then decided to make a tree it sort of just grew as an idea, one of my "what if" moments. I knew as I was building the "Altered Tag Tree" I should have photographed the tags individually. I took it apart and here are some of them:


The background of this tag was painted with Shimmering Mist. The flower/leaves are dried using a microfleur.

I used a mixture of Distress Ink re-inkers for the background of this tag. Once the paint was dry I covered it with black webbing spray.


I used hand dyed velvet embossed using a painted wooden block.


The background of this tag was painted with Lumin Art Shimmering Mists in a couple of colours. I then added a leaf which has been dried using the microfleur and finally it was covered with a layer of Angelina Fibres.


I painted some silk with silk paints and a salt resist.


You probably recognise the Punchinella here. I mixed some deep red Brusho ink in powder form into Golden Gel medium gloss and used the sequin waste as a stencil - added the feather for effect.


This is hand dyed velvet, the colours are stunning on this piece.


The background of this tag is shimmering mists again. If you look at the larger image you will see the lovely texture.

I love the background of this tag. I used the Distress Ink re-inkers in mustard and red brick. I stitched some punchinella on top.





19 comments:

Val said...

Absolutely fabulous Carol - thanks so much for that. Val

Papoosue said...

These are lovely Carol, I particularly like the velvet ones. Your book from the previous post is gorgeous, no wonder you are pleased with it. It's good when things inspire you and give you ideas for further projects!

Doreen G said...

Great tags Carol and I love the tree in the previous post.

bookwraps by suz.com said...

Carol-the tags are super---bet you had a blast making them! all those fun techniques!

Digitalgran said...

I just love your Punchinella book, Harry Potter quilt and the lovely tags. Wonderful work as usual. I love the mustard and red brick colours together.

Sandy said...

WOW! Thanks for showing the individual ones. Sandy

Dianne said...

Great tags! My favourites are the velvet ones - they make a good looking tree!!!

artmixter said...

These are cool... I have lots of tags, I buy em and forget about 'em, clearly Should Be Doing Something With 'Em...thanks for the nudge!

Tonniece said...

These are all wonderful, but my all time fave is the silk one, WOW, and what a great way to display them all

rlbates said...

I'll just ditto the above comments. Beautiful!

Purple Missus said...

A wonderful selection Carol. I love the silk velvet one - such gorgeous fabric.
Did you just remember how you created each one of the tags or have you kept some sort of record?

Micki said...

Lovely tags. Great mixture of techniques. The tree is great.

Dianne said...

They are all so different and all beautiful, I love thehand dyed velvet the colors are stunning..

Shirley Goodwin said...

Lovely, Carol!

Barbara said...

Wonderful! Each one is a special one!

Gina said...

These are lovely Carol. What super variety.

Carol said...

Thank you ladies. They were a lot of fun and I am busy with other ideas.

To answer Lynda's (Purple Missus) question (I have already replied to her personally).

None of the techniques are new to me but I have used different media. I would remember what I did but I have given each tag a number and took notes in my sketchbook as I went along.

Nola said...

Wow, Carol they look great! Thanks for sharing them individually. The earlier photos did not do them justice, though the tag tree is a clever idea.

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

What wonderful art! Nita