It's finished. I added some Swarovsky crystals to the front which just finished it off, for the moment anyway. I may add a little something else to the cover but for the moment it feels finished.
I left the spine fairly simple in the end. I am not sure if you can see it from the picture but you can see the ends of the signatures through the punchinella which I thought was a nice touch. I just made some thread wrapped beads and added a few to the spine. Just enough I think.
It has turned into a lovely book and I will be making more of these for sure. Working through this design process has given me ideas for other books but they will have to wait. I need to get my course work done to send to my tutor by the end of the month and I haven't started writing it up yet. I seem to have found too many other things to do instead.